Thursday, May 20, 2004

I've Got Legs

I love you beyond rhyme and reason. Beyond comprehension or measure of compare. Beyond fraility, beyond weakness, beyond cunning and disguise. I want to know you more. I want to breathe you, drink you, eat you, sleep you--believe in you until there's nothing else left but raw undilluted insatiable faith--the kind of faith that childrens' dreams are made of...the faith that leads us to the stage and lets us free fireflies from their jars and keeps kites in the air.

Loving you is more natural then breathing, because I can't stop it and I can't stem it and I can't change it. And I do not want to, and I would not even if I could. Because gratitude is not a big enough word. Because nothing can keep it in and so I've redefined the purpose of tears. Because I trust your arms more then I trust my own legs. Because I am human. Because I am flawed. Because I am scared. Because I hurt. Because I bleed. Because I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop--for the Get Out of Jail Free card to come flying out of your sleeve to destroy my house of cards.

Did I know fear before? Did I know cowardice before? It's the gookie in your eyes in the morning. And falling down stairs. And getting kneed in the face. And bad movies as far as the eye can see. The birth of a complete and utter inability to use words, to think coherent thoughts, to remember anything that every happened before, and to lack the power to influence anything yet to come. How can I stand? How can I yeild? How can I stay? The words are too big for me...too big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home