And Then Jen Had A Job And A Rockin' Sound System
So yes, today I drove out to Boggy Creek to take this job and Hector came with me so that I wouldn't have to go alone and so that I wouldn't get lost. I got lost. For three hours. It was good times.
I got there, filled out an application (necessary part of the process) and then, much to my surprise and dismay, I got interviewed. I didn't plan on getting interviewed...at least not today. I had been driving in circles for the past three hours, so appearance and mental state were a little less then stellar. I think I mostly gawked at the woman, but she seemed very forgiving. I'm not too sure on the hours though...as in I'm not really sure that I'm going to have many hours, or normal hours like I thought. It sounded as though I should get a job at Disney (or Universal--bwa ha ha!) on the side to pick up shifts on random days off. I'm not sure on the pay either...as in I'm not sure I'm going to be making much money at all. The emphasis kept going back to "it'll look good on a resume." We'll see...I think it will be fun regardless, I'm a little excited, although apprehension is building.
Then on the way home my poor car over heated..a little. It's been guzzling oil lately and I don't think the five hours on the road today helped. We pulled over, had icecream, added some oil, and then I spent most of the ride home just hoping that I wasn't ruining my car. I think I'll beg Kelly to look at it tomorrow...I'm kind of afraid to drive it again, but I think it was mostly just that I had been driving it a lot and it was hot outside. But, in reality, something probably needs to be replaced. Which means that I am one step closer to having a solid car with a brand new engine--that's very exciting. =]
When we got back, since the subject of fixing things was on the table, Hector and I fiddled with the speakers in my car. We determined the problem: in the front the wiring was bad, and in the back the speakers were bad. So I have four speakers that work, and two sets of wires that work. So we did a little switch-a-roo, and now I have two, yes count them: two, working speakers. But they play music that is heap big audible, and that is what counts. Which means that if/when I get a CD player installed I'll be able to hear it--woo hoo!! Which brings up an interesting point--now I can't drive my car (sort of) but it's got a rockin sound system, and I'm happy about that. Does this mean I'm really a guy? Or does that just make me hot?
Either way I think that for Mother's Day I'm gonna get mom a CD player for the car...maybe. I can afford it and Dad surprisingly sent some money. Maybe I should just stick with chocolates and flowers. Well just a gift certificate for half of it would be good...ideas aboud! Now I'm off to see Annie! Tonight I hope to sit quietly and watch and listen. I think I've been a little short on that lately.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home