Funnily Enough
Ok, we're gonna start over..I started writing and tried to force a mood that just wasn't there, so now--starting over, clean slate.
I apologize for the washcloth post...but not really. I thought it would be entertaining..kinda clever..and someone really has been using my washcloth...and everything I said was true (anyone that's ever had to share a shower might attest to that)..but I've received complaints. So apologies for the 15 minutes of your life that you spent reading it that you can never get back.
However, it did do some interesting things. It became a very fascinating topic of conversation at the theatre tonight (alright some of you might say it became a very scary Jen Rant..but nonetheless..). I was fascinated by it. Just by the different takes that everyone had, and the different opinions everyone had to contribute. For example, did you know that the Dumple doesn't use a washcloth? I didn't. Fascinating. Did you know that if you take a shower at Eric's, he'll offer you a towel and a washcloth to use? I didn't. Fascinating--he's considerate, and he thinks ahead. Did you know that Nathan wouldn't share a washcloth with his mother (understandably) but might use a mystery washcloth if it appeared in his shower? I didn't. Fascinating--if he's aware of it he'll avoid it, but he's obviously got his own shower cause anything that appears in there he automatically assumes is his.
It's funny how something as simple and rediculous as a silly post about a wash cloth can bring me so much fascination and intrigue and eye opening..ness. I think we all learned someone interesting tonight and bonded a little more...but again, maybe it's just me. Ah, ignorance is bliss.
So today, share something simple about yourself with someone else. Something that you consider completely trivial but that is an integral part of your life nonetheless. For example, here's mine: The washcloth that I use is blue and has two circular bleach stains on it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home