Monday, May 10, 2004

And Then Jen Had No Car...Or Sleep

So guys, my car's in the shop (yes the one with a working sound system...) so I'm stuck inside most of today/tomorrow/the next day (not working on the set or getting a job) so postings might get longer...and more boring. If you can believe that. So I've been working on the set for Complete Works (and tearing down the Annie set) for close on 8 hours. Wait, let me rephrase that: I've been watching people tear down the Annie set and rebuild the Shakes set for clost on 8 hours. And I'm not tired--I'm at that place where I'm content to just sit in a chair and do nothing but watch and listen and think.

Beautiful moments of the day:
-I accidentally overheard some of what Andrew said at the final circle for Annie. He was saying something about what a good job the little girls did, and it was very positive and very supportive and very encouraging. It made me happy that someone did that, given the amount of negative energy that had been surrounding the show, and it made me proud that my brother was the one doing it. It also made me proud, because he knows how much the little kids in the cast look up to him, and I know that what he said was said with that knowledge at the forefront of his mind.

-At one point in the show Jenna (Annie) went to take Nathan's hand, using her downstage hand and corrected herself. It was a fascinating moment to see--like the wheel had come full circle. She had learned something, she remembered it, and she applied it. To see growth, that was wow.

-David, the Dumple's parents, Kyle, Angelo, Roosevelt and Eric all stayed to take down the set, and they didn't have to.

-Nathan stayed to build the set (and basicsally built it all himself), and he didn't have to.

-Kelly said he'd look at my car, and he didn't have to.

-I had a quiet moment in the Green Room right before the show ended when no one was in there, but all of their stuff was still there, and there was that mid-show apprehension still in the air--it was beautiful.

-Transporting loads of bad wood to the dumpster outside the theatre tonight Brit and I noticed that all of the parking lots around us were empty. It was a very comfortable and safe and happy feeling--to be the only ones there in all of the world that were there. It was a fascinating completely alone with someone else type of feeling.

-I was scared at the theatre, and everyone made fun of me till they saw that I really genuinely was scared (or maybe it was just that it got old..) and they stopped. And they didn't make me go places by myself and let me cling on to them when I was being irrationally freaked out. That was nice.

-We got Kool Waiter at Ruby Tuesday's who put cherries in my Cherry Coke. Yes, cherries in my drinks still bring me happiness to no end.

Wow, this has gotten very long. I think I'm off to bed. But let the record show that now, after fiddling with my template and working to create a Jen like atmosphere within the frame work of my limited html knowledge and the limited templates available from blogger, they have updated their page and now offer lots of new and exciting templates. ::sigh:: I'm tempted to just leave what I have...but I'm kind of intrguied by new and exciting possibilities. Wow, my Broca's area is malfunctioning (I think it's Broca's...) and my words are becoming even more horribly misspelled then usual (I just tried to spell "even" with an "i"). SO no corrections in thes last sentence tjust to illustraite to you jsut awhat I man. Well in thsee last senatences. No I'm not doing it on puprpose..really I"m not, I'm really makindg a concertided effortl...it'sjust sad adn ptiful. Well ladies and gentelmen, tonight..er..today I urge you sto sit down and bastk inth e beautiful moments taht you have evxperiencesd thus far today Yes, find your happies righ t now . Stop, take a moment , et let the warm cfuzzy feeling creap over you, etl the corners of your mouth lift slightly--slowly at first and let the happiness of beauty and simplicity wash over you like a flood. Mrore I cannot wish you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home