Friday, May 14, 2004

Yesterday

Today I am happy because yesterday I had every reason to be happy:

-I accidentally woke up at 10:30 which made me feel like a giant slacker, but boy was it nice.

-My car is fixed (sort of--it still needs to have the timing belt(s?) replaced), but the window's don't work and neither does the AC but the sun roof works (well it opens but doesn't close). It was nice to drive period. And it was an amusing bonus to drive down the road with the radio blaring out of the sun roof.

-I had a random act of hanging out with the Dumple. And saw the cutest thing ever--the Doxen puppy that looks like a living teddy bear. Wow, really the cutest thing I think I've ever seen. Would that everyone could experience that at some point in their life. It was nice to just sit on his couch and not feel like an invader, or like I was putting off normal household function, or anything. Maybe I'm just oblivious, but if so ignorance really is bliss. So I like his family a lot regardless.

-Got 8 squirt guns at Walmart for 5 dollars (for the show). Nuff said.

-I had a random act of talking with Hector. I think it's gonna be ok. Well, I hope it's gonna be ok. I think I say that everytime we talk. If we could just stop using everytime we talk as fuel for reasons why we should never talk again.

-Rehersal was great--both of them. Midsummer: it's so nice to be acting again...so nice! So nice to just trust the director, to just take the wire frame cut out that they give you and go to town on it with paper mache and paint and cement and grass and ribbons and streamers and glitter and random sounds to express happiness: mashumana humana humanna flubada. To just trust that is flahubada dubada dubada. Complete Works: didn't work on the set for hours before hand, so rehersal was just rehersal, and it's really coming along nicely. So nice to just trust the actors, that they'll remember lines and blocking and take their moments and make their entrances and just do what they know how to do and they're so good at it and it's just an amazing thing to watch, regardless of how worthy I am to be sitting in the chair.

-Post rehersal: great little Italian place on 27--Lil Anthony's. Go there! The Broadway table--go there! It was nice. Britteny, Amber, Nathan, the Dumple and I went. Britteny and Nathan have both logged a lot of hours at the theatre this week and have really been working their butts off. I know Brit needed the break, and I hope it was enough for her. Likewise for Nathan, but he masks stress very well so I'm not sure how burnt out he is but I hope he gets the rest he may or may not need all the same.

-And the rest I will save for another blog cause this one is long and I need to go to Casting. Yes, the other job as it turns out only offered $200 a week and, well, that's...yes I need more then that.

So coming soon:
-Employment! (hopefully..)
-the semantics of appropraite conversation topics
-Jen's fear of singing outloud..er...period.

Until then I request you, entreat you, and desire you to go buy a squirt gun (or just get one from me for those in this vast viewing audience that can). Yes, like from the dollar store. Now take that purchase seriously, and with it create a moment of reckless release. Create a random act of happiness. It'll bring a smile to your face--I promise. =]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home