Saturday, January 01, 2005

First blog of the new year! Live from Gainesville!

Wow I feel like I missed Christmas and New Year's. It's just now dawning on me that they're over. I got so lossed in the trees--I didn't even realize that it was really the Christmas season until last night when I was packing up the Red and Green Christmas Hat (complete with little jingly bells) that my mom had made me. I'd been wearing it since Thanksgiving in anticipation of Christmas. Now the year is over and I feel like the time of the hat has passed for now, but I missed Christmas. Last night I almost missed New Year's too because I was busy playing video games with Andrew...enough sadness--on to happies!

Today I am happy because:

-Andrew was sad that I was leaving. He actually asked me to stay. He even got up out of bed and agreed to ride with me to get oil for my car--meaning not only did he get up way before he wanted too, he just got up and walked out of the house as is to go somewhere with me. I'm not happy that he was sad. I am happy that he liked having me home. Sometimes I feel like he's mad at me when I come home for eating the food he likes and monopolizing his video games and sort of dictating the way we all spend our time. I try not to, it just happens that way. I am glad that I was wrong.

-Mi-Young was home when I got here, and she left me a Christmas card on my pillow. She makes me smile.

-The apartment smelled good when I walked in. Not that it usually smells bad, it's just nice.

-I got a Gandalf/Pippin/Shadowfax action figure/display thingy for Christmas. Somewhere deep inside that makes me smile and giggle. I am happy that that portion of myself exists.

-My mom loves me. I know this like I know a fact. And it sits somewhere in the back of my mind between the laws of thermodynamics and the principles of kinetics. It was nice, however, to realize it.

This morning I woke up and one of the first things I thought was it is here the I have known my first untroubled sleep in many months (yay! Last Sammuri). It was sad to walk away from that. But it is also nice to be back.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger LuLu said...

You bested me with your multiple happies. And I love it. And I am glad you know your mom loves you. Everyone should know that. Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home