Did Someone Say Mixed Signals--Or Was That Just Me?
Wilst packing today, I listened to the CD I made for the Dumple back in the day (ha! like it was a long time ago..), and wow. I think that if anyone had looked me in the face and said "I was thinking of you when I made this" I would have cried. And then vomited on them the next time I saw them. Not because vomitting on someone is and acceptable mode of expressing displeasure, but because I don't think I'd be able to help it. And then I think I would have said "if you don't like me, couldn't you just cut my heart out with a spoon? I mean, did you actually feel the need to go through the trouble of expressing it in through song? Honestly..."
What's funny is that I know exactly what I was thinking when I made it. And the thought process is very thoughtful, and wholly complete, and you would think it would carry, but no--no it doesn't. Totally pathetic is all I have to say. An embarassment in fact..
I feel the need to remedy this because wow that was painful--for me and I made it! I could remedy it by making a not crappy CD in exchange, but since we see how my first attempt at making a not crappy CD went..well...I'm thinking I should just buy the Dumple a pizza and never mention it again..besides, I think I got my message across in the end.. No--unacceptable! I will not suck at this! I will first give a complete explanation, second I will make a new better cd, and then third I will doot-a-loo the first from memory (notice the complete lack of a concrete time line..). Hhhmmmm..maybe I should just go with some blue icecream and School of Rock (Jack Black is the shizznit!) instead.
No! I can do this--step outside the comfort zone, attempt something that I suck at. Vast viewing audience (yes, both of you!) today I request you, entreat you, and desire you to change your world for the better--do something you would not normally do, take that first step outside of your comfort zone and into the world beyond! It is a big scary world out there, but if we all take that first step out of the door of stagnation and into the world of brighter tomorrows then the world will be a far better place--a place full of good mix cds and brave people and good times in general. So stop spending your time on the internet reading this malarky--Go! Begin!
Character realization of the day: Hermia likes butterflies. Not because of all of the normal butterfly jibber jabber, but because they're basically made out of tissue paper which means that for them to even exist in a breeze they have to be strong as poop...and that's a kool way to exist, and a kool thing to think about.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home