A New Beginning On Walden Pond
I started a blog because I wished to live deliberately, to post only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to Clermont, to discover that I was the only one who did not blog. I did not wish to post what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to post boring stuff, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to sell out deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to blog so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut broad and shave close, to drive blogging into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be pointless, why then to get the whole and genuine pointlessness of it, and publish its pointlessness to the world; or if it were pointful, to know it by experience, and to be able to give a true account of it in my next blog.
That's right, the day has come--I have packed my bags and moved to Sell-Outs-Ville (not Walden Pond..) ladies and gentlemen, population: me. Now in honor of this fine occasion, I feel it is necessary to recognize and honor a few of those people who have made this journey possible. Firstly I would like to thank The Eric, here after to be known as "The Fink," or "FresKa", for all his contributions. The Eric..er..The Fink, being first class friend and citizen that he is, tried his darndest to guilt trip me here, subtly at first to be sure, with comments on how kool blogs were, and finally culminating with a "you know, if you had a blog I would post a link to it on my site--but no! you don't have one..." And though he didn't type it, the Fink Sigh-O'-Dis-O'-pointment could be heard echoing throughout all cyberspace. You asked for it Finkmiester--and now you got it!!! I better see comments galore (once I figure out how to get those up and working..)!! Loyalty my friend, all I ask is loyalty...and cookies, I like cookies..I like cake too...and bread, bread is joy..and not loyalty so much really, no not at all infact, you know what, scratch that whole last bit. er..how do I do that...hehehe...we'll just let that slide, no we'll try this: ytlayol si ksa I lla ,dneirf ym ytlayoL hm...that didn't work either..well, since we're on the subject of things I like, I will move on to the second person I need to thank for making this blogging excursion possible: The Billy, here after to be known as "The Dumple", or "Happiness", or...that's all I got for now...for coming up with the name that made it all possible: Dorky Grace. All credit for this name, yes all 100% of the credit for this name, which basically sums me up completely, goes to the Dumple (your check's in the mail). And finally, many thanks to: The Carl, here after to be known simply as "Carl," for buying CheezeIts and letting me eat them, cause that's all I had to eat today, and I just realized it..kinda scary I must say.
So since this is a big day of first blogs and such, and since this day is only half an hour old and since this is all I have been doing literally all day, I'll write something of significance:
Something of Significance.
Wow, goodevening and thank you for joining us for this exciting episode of "Your Brain Might Be Fried and Overloaded If..."
In all seriousness I'm glad I have a blog now, although in all seriousness, I'm very interested to see what I will write about: will I be like The Fink and give play by play accounts of my days, will I be like The Dumple and only write when I'm deeply moved and compelled to write something beautiful and soul wretching because otherwise I'll explode, or will I be like LuLu and do a little of both, but write every day, or will I ultimately be like Carl and give the whole thing the proverbial finger and stick to reading what other people write? We shall see ladies and gentlemen...we shall see--but only if you stay tuned! So buckle your seat belts, hold on to your bowler hats and movie star sun glasses, make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their upright and locked positions, keep your hands on your buzzers, put this number on speed dial, set your tape recorders, keep your eyes peeled and your ears open, and hold on tight (not too tight!)--Dorky Grace is a blogging fool! ...er..bloggin' foo'! ...or just a fool (but hopefully Hermia or Helena or Titania or ya know Hippolita's kool too)!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home